Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Memory



Yesterday I was rummaging through Clark's closet trying to find my overnight bag because I was going to be staying with Jane's kids while they went out of town for the weekend. I came across this and it brought a smile to my face. The first time I ever laid eyes on Clark Glover he was carrying this backgammon set. He would carry this thing around wherever he went, always ready to play the game with someone. I remember thinking it was weird, who carries a backgammon set around? Apparently Clark. A few months after that initial meeting (I didn't even remember his name) we went out on our first date. Later he taught me how to play backgammon. That was back in the early 1980's. I have forgotten how to play the game. I will have to reacquaint myself with it and see if he can still beat me.

No comments:

Post a Comment